Motorcycle Insurance in Pittsburgh, PA
Your motorcycle provides an exciting and enjoyable way to travel on the roadways, but like all motor vehicles, your bike comes with significant risks. So it is important to understand the benefits of acquiring adequate motorcycle insurance.
What Motorcycle Insurance Do I Need?
- Bodily injury liability coverage can help pay for medical expenses and other financial losses resulting from third-party injuries for which you are at fault.
- Property damage liability coverage may provide financial assistance if you are responsible for damaging another party’s property while riding your motorcycle.
- Collision coverage may help pay for damage to your bike resulting from collisions with other vehicles or stationary objects, such as buildings and guardrails.
- Medical payments coverage may compensate you and your passengers for health care costs arising from motorcycle accidents, regardless of who was at fault.
- Gear coverage may financially protect your riding equipment, including gloves and helmets.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help you recoup your financial losses if another party is at fault for an incident but lacks adequate insurance.
What Is Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance?
Comprehensive coverage is another advisable component of most motorcycle policies. Often paired with collision coverage, this insurance feature can provide financial protection from noncollision incidents that may damage your vehicle or otherwise lead to losses, such as fires, severe weather and criminal activity (e.g., theft and vandalism).
How Much Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost?
Like many types of insurance, the cost of adequate coverage for your bike may vary significantly. When assessing your motorcycle insurance needs and quoting you a rate for an appropriate policy, insurance companies may consider the following:
- Vehicle details
- Age and riding experience
- Driving records and past violations
- Claims history
- Policy details (e.g., coverage limits and deductibles)
Where to Get Motorcycle Insurance
Working with a qualified insurance professional is critical in ensuring adequate coverage for your motorcycle. Fortunately, the dedicated team at Neofes Insurance Group LLC has experience serving the coverage needs of motorcyclists, families and businesses dating back to 1960. We will work with you to assess your circumstances, identify available options and procure optimal policies. Contact us today to get started.